A rare photo of Naparima College, c. 1933.
The two concrete single-storey side-wings were Naparima's very first buildings (1917).
The one on the right featured a stage and a moveable central partition, for assemblies, exams, and concerts.
So did the central wing, on the ground floor. The upper floor had a quite modern chemistry lab, and a library.
In 1939, the side wings were demolished and reconstructed as the "classic" Naparima, shown on the main page.
The latter in turn were replaced in 1957 by the present-day buildings;
except that the central wing was retained and actively used for almost another half-century.
The central wing was finally taken down, in March 2005.
from a privately-owned group picture
main NC page