In the late 1860's, an Upper Canada furniture company shipped the same catalogue item, a mirror and dresser, to two customers in different parts of Canada. One shipment was to Rev. Kenneth Grant, in Nova Scotia ("Lower Canada"), possibly as a part of his change of domestic status as a new husband. The other shipment was to the political household of Sir John A. MacDonald, recently the first prime minister of the Dominion, at the then seat of federal government, Kingston, Ontario, possibly as a part of the perennial refurbishing of government's seats.
In the 1980's, this family emigrated to Canada. To Ontario. To Kingston. And they took with them Rev. Grant's mirror. On a routine touristy circuit of a museum Government house in Kingston, the owner of Rev. Grant's mirror came face to face (literally!) with Sir John A.'s mirror - and stood transfixed in amazement, for she recognized the mirror-frame which had been in her household in Penal, Trinidad, since her infancy, and which she still had at home in Kingston, a short distance across town!
There, in Kingston, both mirror-frames currently reside, both with noble but very different histories indeed! Could it be that the tree from which they were constructed, grew and lived in the very vicinity in which, a hundred and thirty years later, these artifacts now stand?